Do you have experience with injection molding molds? Are you an expert with their maintenance? Do you know how to do spare parts? Manage a team for the Mold Shop, and teach them?
Then, we are looking for you to work in our Dominican Republic facilities in the Caribbean.
Please send your resume in English. We require someone with full command of English and Spanish languages. We accept candidates from overseas.
Are you the One?
The ideal candidate manages a team of technicians and technical operators to make, transfer, repair, maintenance, service and modify mold to the optimum conditions to support production in the Dominican Republic, additional to mold changes in the injection machines.
- Plans, organizes, delegates and evaluates the work to be carried by the Mold Shop team to achieve the Key Performance Indicator targets within allocated budget. Schedules and maintains workload in the workshop with daily operations plan.
- Works closely with Mold Making department in China for new customer requirements, spare parts and coordinates with New Products Development, Marketing and Program Management departments.
- Develop local suppliers for spare parts and some specific materials to be used in the molds.
- Involves in the qualification and release of new mold and assists in establishing the mold maintenance standards. Works closely with Injection Molding Technology team to develop fixtures, tools and process that support higher production efficiency and quality.
- Establishes an appropriate tracking and reporting system for molds warehouse and spare parts in SAP to determine minimum and maximum stock for each one, including the molds in workshop, production and warehouse areas.
- Establishes a Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and 7S culture in Mold Shop.
- Develop specific training materials for technicians and technical operators and train them in a regular basis.
- Develops standard operating procedure (SOP), Work Instruction (WI) and Safety measures for all the processes regarding molds and spare parts. Ensures documentation, drawings, and process check sheets, are controlled and up-to-date.
- Develop and stablish the systems for the mold changes (SMED).
- Ensure the total compliance of the Preventive Maintenance Plan for the molds.
- Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is desirable or 12+ years of experience in Mold Maintenance.
- 8 – 12 years of working experience in Mold and Tool shop operations of which 2 years in managerial position in fast pace manufacturing environment overseeing day to day operations of a mold making, mold maintenance and mold repair work.
- Desirable working experience with molds manufactured in China, rotary molds and stack molds.
- Desirable certification in CAD CAM or similar software for mold designs.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish languages.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Computer Numeric Control (CNC) programming and machine set up for Electric Discharge Machines (EDM), Wire Cut EDM (EDW) and CNC work
- Working on high cavity molds for up to 48 cavities
- Mold sizes to fit on machines from 100T to 700T
- Automotive or IQ, OQ, PQ validation process
- Part design/mold design review
- Mold maintenance, mold repair and mold refurbishment
- Quality management system
- Total Preventive Maintenance (TPM)
- Knowledge of diverse metals
- Knowledge of IBM and ISBM molds
- Understands and able to apply process capability (Cp and Cpk) and overall equipment efficiency (OEE) for manufacturing improvement
- Possess the experience of transferring knowledge; and able to conduct training or set up training programs for local technical recruits
- Understands and management of MTTR and MTBF
Applications email: [email protected]